The Federal Government has pledged to extend the Canada Emergency Response Benefit by eight weeks.
The cost of this extension is estimated to be $17.9 billion according to the parliamentary budget officer.
Milton MP Adam van Koeverden says he’s heard from residents that the extension is necessary.
He adds that residents have told him that they want to get back to work as soon as they can.
Locally, Milton and Halton entered stage two late last week, which means patios and barbershops have been open and running.
The CERB, now budgeted at $60 billion, has paid out $52.14 billion to over eight million people as of Sunday, as demand surges past original federal expectations.









